- Published: Friday, 29 April 2016 03:16
Maryland Thoroughbred Horsemen’s Association is seeking qualified applicants for a Counseling Director position to lead its Drug & Alcohol Counseling program for horsemen working and residing on the backstretch at Laurel Park and Pimlico race courses.
The qualified candidate must:
- Possess an ability to exercise independent judgment;
- Be a licensed clinical social worker (LCSW), Mental Health professional (LCPC) or have equivalent experience;
- Possess strong computer and organizational skills;
- Have knowledge of recovery, mental health and other co-occurring disorders;
- Have experience working with addiction and chemical dependency and the ability to lead prevention programs for such disorders;
- Ability to design treatment and rehabilitation programs by using their knowledge of alcohol and drug dependency and counseling.
Special consideration given for:
- - Candidates that are bilingual (English and Spanish);
- - Have knowledge of the Maryland Thoroughbred racing industry and backstretch community and culture.
Counseling Director will have a base office at Laurel Park racecourse with a satellite office at Pimlico race course in Baltimore, MD.