- Published: Sunday, 29 March 2020 16:09
Effective immediately, due to the coronavirus 9COVID-19), the following restrictions are in place at the stable gate for the arrival or departure of all horses at Laurel Park and Pimlico Race Course.
• Horses will be allowed in and out of the stable gate at Laurel between the hours of 7 a.m. and 3 p.m., Monday through Friday. At Pimlico, they will be allowed in and out of the stable gate on Thursdays and Fridays between 8 a.m. and noon.
• All horses MUST be accompanied and identified by the trainer or his/her representative. This person MUST identify by microchip the horse or horses arriving or departing and MUST be verified by a Maryland Jockey Club official present at the stable gate. There will be a microchip scanner supplied at the stable gate to read the chip. NO horses will be permitted to enter the stable area without a microchip, so please verify before shipping.
• All horses MUST be accompanied by the proper health certificate (if applicable) and valid Coggins.
• NO horses will be accepted into the stable area from New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Louisiana or internationally until further notice.
• All horses entering the stable area MUST be approved by the racing secretary PRIOR TO arrival.
• No new personnel can accompany a horse onto any MJC property from out of state, including jockeys, trainers, exercise riders and grooms.
• There are NO EXCEPTIONS to the policy.